Lina Stores

Pecorino Romano DOP, 200g

£4.00
  • Pecorino Romano DOP, 200g
  • Pecorino Romano DOP, 200g

Lina Stores

Pecorino Romano DOP, 200g

£4.00

Sometimes used as a substitute for Parmiginao Reggiano, it is equally as versatile. Its sharp, salty flavour makes it popular for grating over rich pasta recipes, but unlike Parmigiano, it is made from sheep's milk. Its name comes from the popularity it enjoyed throughout the Roman Empire. (90% of Pecorino Romano comes from Sardegna, and the remaining 10% of production is divided between Lazio and the Tuscan province of Grossetto.